This project was fairly easy and I really learned a lot of new techniques and methods. Despite the fact I have been knitting for several years, I don't have a lot of experience working with patterns and have not been very good about learning new things. For the bunny, I used needles as the pattern specified, and yarn that I had scraps of. I had never used a Turkish cast on before, nor had I ever knit with more than 2 needles! After practicing the cast on several times, the body of this bunny knit up quickly in one evening. It was a very quick project.
The ears took some time to figure out and the crooked one didn't turn out as it was supposed to, but overall I am very happy with how this bunny turned out! Unfortunately, my cats are too. They keep finding it and thinking that it makes a great toy.
I plan to make several more for friends who are expecting babies this coming year. For those, I plan to use yarn from my sheep for the body and tail to give it a more personal tough.
Now to pick out my next project... If anyone has suggestions for a beginner sweater please let me know! And if you're on Ravelry, I'd love to connect!
PS. I completed this at the end of April and just getting around to posting... whoops!